• How do I become a Still Photographer?

Posted by István on at

I am a Photographer from Budapest and I wish to try something different and more related to the filmmaking industry. I have previously worked on advertising projects and I liked how they challenged my creative side. I am considering becomming a Still Photographer but I am unsure what is the right path for me to become a Unit Still Photographer.

Harry replied 1 year, 7 months ago 5 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Maura

at

You would first need a Portfolio. Considering the fact that you are an experienced Photographer, it shouldn’t be too difficult to create an outstanding Portfolio, considering the fact that you already have the gear and the equipment that is required for this. 😀 All you need to do is to find someone who is shooting a film in your area and volunteer to be their Unit Still Photographer. Maybe help out a student who is working on the Thesis Film. Then, you need to find someone who is shooting a big movie in Budapest and apply to become their Unit Still Photographer. Again, this shouldn’t be too difficult considering you already know a lot of people working in the creative industry in Budapest.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by  Maura.
    • István

at

Thanks, Maura! Yes, I know some people working in the creative industry in Budapest but I know very little who are working as filmmakers. 🙂 Maybe I could try looking similar jobs to apply for on LinkedIn once I have created my Portfolio.

• Maura

at

Good luck!

• Sorin

at

You need to know the people who are shooting films in your area. For starters, there are usually a few groups of people who go to the same places in town or who are a part of a club. Try finding them and maybe join them.

• Julia

at

Good day, Istvan!

Maybe you could join a group on social media such as Facebook for local filmmakers from Budapest and post there?

• Harry

at

Why not use TikTok for this? I’ve seen others make a short video of under 1 minute, where they would showcase their Portfolio and tell a few details about them. It’s like a very short video Resume. You use the hashtags #Budapest #Filmmaker #UnitProductionStill and hope for the best.