Marvel Recreation Universe (Behind the Scenes)

• Marvel Recreation Universe (Behind the Scenes)

Posted by Dustin on 2021-10-14 at 3:53 PM

Marvel Recreation Universe: Behind the Scenes.

We are very happy to announce that the Behind the Scenes Phase of Mru has begun!

For those who don’t know: Marvel Recreation Universe is a Fan Series that Recreated 1 scene from every single Marvel Movie in chronological order using VFX, and Costumes.

It started out as friends filming Recreations in a studio and ended up starring Professional Cosplayers and Actors from all over the world by the end of the Season.

We have decided the Main Story of the Making of Mru will be told through the Power of a Short Film and the Behind the Scenes interviews initially recorded for our documentary will be redesigned as short Behind the Scenes featurettes for each episode.

Me and my team are happy to present our very first Behind the Scenes Featurette:

Marvel Recreation Universe BTS Episode 1: The Winter Soldier.

The WS SR provided many creative challenges and questions including: Do we film on a Blue Screen? How to record a fight sequence on a highway? and much more. in this video, we break it down:

https://youtu.be/74FAI5optXg

Dustin replied 2 weeks ago 7 Members · 52 Replies
  • 52 Replies
  • Video Showcase

Kim

2021-10-14 at 8:35 PM

This is cool Dustin!

• Video Showcase

Dustin

2021-10-14 at 9:15 PM

Thank you, Kim!

• Video Showcase

István

2021-12-21 at 4:20 AM

Truth be told, I am so hyped when I see your projects because I am also an Avengers fan. You got so many people involved, it’s just amazing!

• Video Showcase

Dustin

2021-12-21 at 11:08 PM

Thank you, Istvan! Appreciate the kind and thoughtful reply.

I, myself truly am astounded at how many people the Marvel Movies have impacted and how much the cinematic landscape of filmmaking has changed forever due to these films.

Wait till you see our next production:)

Our final video for the year is our biggest production yet.

All our Recreations have been leading up to one massive video, releasing later this December. represents everything we have been building and I think everyone will see the Mru from a new perspective after it premiers.

Can’t wait for you to see it!!

• Video Showcase

Maura

Organizer
        2021-12-22 at 2:45 AM

I just read this and now I am very excited, Dustin! 😀 When will the video be available for us to see?

• Video Showcase

Dustin

2021-12-22 at 10:50 PM

Thank you, Maura! Great question. 😀 We are currently planning for a December 27th release date.

However, we are giving ourselves some leeway, should we run into any unforeseen issues so December 28th, or 29th at the latest.

The finishing touches are being placed on our production now and then it will release!

• Video Showcase

Maura

Organizer
        2021-12-23 at 9:23 AM

Understood. So it’s safe to say that we will not pass into the next year without seeing the latest video 😀

• Video Showcase

Dustin

2021-12-23 at 10:18 PM

Indeed! 😀

• Video Showcase

Dustin

2021-10-29 at 3:35 PM

Marvel Recreation Universe had one of the most unique sets in video producing.
    Unlike many productions, we were not inventing something new, but instead reenacting something we have high respect for with a cast and crew brought together by the impact of the Marvel Movies.

Multiples of people coming together to recreate scenes that we look up to from movies that we love.

Every cast/crewmember knew what we were creating, and everyone was pushing hard to do these iconic moments and characters justice.

Here is a highlight reel of what the experience was like on Mru’s Sets.

Marvel Recreation Universe BTS Episode2: Best of/on-set highlight reel.

Link:

https://youtu.be/3P3hLNVpRGk

• Video Showcase

Dustin

2021-11-11 at 3:34 PM

The Thor The Dark World Scene Recreation required us to find a new Thor actor, color grade a costume using Visual Effects technology, and more.

In this episode we break down everything it took to bring our Thor: The Dark World SR to life:

Marvel Recreation Universe BTS Episode 3: Thor the Dark World.

https://youtu.be/6BZGYdXrzxk

• Video Showcase

Dustin

2021-12-27 at 12:37 AM

Our final video for the year is a special one.

From the very beginning, we planned out Mru as one movie, telling a singular and powerful story across one Scene Recreation from every single Marvel Movie, (Avengers (2012) – Spider-Man Far from Home (2019.)

Which we split into parts for a broader reach across YouTube.

Now that dream has become a reality.

All our Scene Recreations can now be experienced as one gigantic movie and massive video.

This includes: Extended Scene Recreations, Scene Recreations never before seen on these forums, Full-Screen versions of Scene Recreations previously only available in Side by Side Comparisons, Endgame Style like- Credits featuring everyone who ever worked on Mru, and more.

Features:

– Avengers (2012) Battle for New York Scene Recreation

– Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 1 VFX Test Scene Recreation,

– Extended Director’s Cut Avengers Endgame Cosplayer Portals Recreation: 20 seconds of additional footage, improved color grading/lighting Audio fixed for a smoother and pleasing experience to the ears, All shots in Full-Screen High Definition, and more.

– All Scene Recreations no Intermissions,

– Restored Deleted Scene Infinity War SR,

– Endgame like- Stylized Credits featuring everyone who ever worked on Mru, and the country they are from.

– Captain Marvel Scene Recreation One Screen Version,

– Far From Home Scene Recreation with Original Film Audio and fixed White Balance issues,

-Extended Winter Soldier High Way Fight Scene Recreation,

-and more.

This film took me and my team six years to complete. (First day of Prep/ planning December 2015 – Final day of Compositing December 2021.)

This is the way Marvel Recreation Universe is meant to be experienced.

This is The Marvel Recreation Universe Movie.

Link: https://youtu.be/8BjOdpnR990

• Video Showcase

Maura

Organizer
    2021-12-27 at 6:03 AM

The video is finally out! Yeey! 🎉🥳
    You all have worked really hard to create these recreational series! Your dedication and energy have attracted many people in this project 😀 I am always happy to see such projects and I can only hope that this is just the beginning of something bigger, because it has a lot of potential!

• Video Showcase

Dustin

2021-12-28 at 2:08 AM

Indeed! 🙂 👍
      Thank you, Maura! Appreciate the support you have given our Production on these Forums.😀
      The Possibilities for the future are exciting!

• Video Showcase

Maura

Organizer
        2021-12-28 at 5:54 AM

😀

• Video Showcase

Marianna

2021-12-27 at 6:12 AM

You should all celebrate this milestone! I am still astonished by the work you have done considering you worked on a low budget. Imagine what you could accomplish with a big budget.

• Video Showcase

Dustin

2021-12-28 at 2:10 AM

Thank you, Marianna!

I am imagining it…

• Video Showcase

István

2021-12-27 at 6:23 AM

You all used green screen to great extent come together. Your work proves that there is talent even though we might not even know it. I looked over and over again at the costumes for example.

• Video Showcase

Dustin

2021-12-28 at 2:30 AM

Thank you, Istvan!

I am a huge believer in starting no matter what the Budget. We began with Cardboard helmets for our first VFX Test Recreation and then moved to actually officially licensed costumes after that, our costumes kept improving slowly with every SR.

One of the reasons I believe, we were able to get professional Cosplayers on board with the project is because they saw how hard we were pushing and trying to make our Costumes work with a high-level amount of Green Screen.

It all goes back to our final scene of the Film. It represents one of the main reasons we made Mru.

Peter asks Mysterio how could he do all of this? and Mysterio replies: Because people didn’t believe, and now they will believe anything. That is the story of our Film. We wanted to show Filmmakers what truly is possible.

• Video Showcase

István

2021-12-28 at 6:14 AM

I have a feeling that you are just starting to show filmmakers what truly is possible! Your words and Mysterio said it best! At first people only mock you but as time goes by and you start developing your project, they start believing in it!

• Video Showcase

Dustin

2021-12-28 at 11:36 PM

Thank you, Istvan! Well said!

• Video Showcase

Dustin

2022-04-15 at 1:35 AM

Marvel Recreation Universe BTS Episode 4: Deleted Scene: Infinity War: Thor arrives in Wakanda Scene Recreation.

A deleted scene from our Recreation Movie. This scene was cut because it proved too be similar to our Thor Ragnarok Thor vs Hulk Scene Recreation and slowed down the pacing/flow of our film.

Each of the five main characters of our film, Iron Man, Captain America, Spider-Man, Thor, and Star-Lord have individual character arcs and their journeys within our film.

This was meant to be Thor Actor Jake Kaufman’s big character moment.

This scene also features Jake Kaufman’s best performance as Thor.

• Video Showcase

Maura

Organizer
        2022-04-15 at 5:44 AM

I am very happy to see more content from you, Dustin! 🙂 I really missed your videos!
        Do you have more deleted scenes that you did not use?

• Video Showcase

Dustin

2022-04-16 at 1:22 AM

Thank you, Maura! 🙂 Good to be be back. Mru has officially returned with our BTS content for 2022! Great question. We have a couple of other deleted scenes, that did not make the final cut of our film. We will be revealing them in the future as our BTS series continues.😀

• Video Showcase

Lili

2022-04-15 at 5:49 AM

I can’t imagine the amount of work you had to put to create just this deleted scene. Great job team!

• Video Showcase

Dustin

2022-04-16 at 1:24 AM

Thank you, Lili!

• Video Showcase

Alex

2022-04-15 at 6:14 AM

I’m a fan of your series!

• Video Showcase

Dustin

2022-04-16 at 1:24 AM

Thank you, Alex!

• Video Showcase

István

2022-04-15 at 6:24 AM

Have you thought about recreating scenes from the new spider man?

• Video Showcase

Dustin

2022-04-16 at 1:48 AM

Great question. I have. We have a Vfx Series for our YouTube audience that recreates scenes from new Marvel Movies and Disney+ Shows. The Recreations come out 1-2 times a week and that is where all of our SR’s from the latest Marvel productions are created.
        It helps our channel build up an audience while I put most of our focus on finishing the BTS story of our film.
        We recreated 5 scenes from the new Spider-Man film. (3 released, 2 filmed and are moving to the Post-Production phase.)

• Video Showcase

Maura

Organizer
        2022-04-18 at 2:59 AM

I should check your YouTube channel more often! 😀 I had no idea you started recreating scenes from Spider Man as well! That’s great, Dustin!

• Video Showcase

Dustin

2022-04-19 at 11:54 PM

Thank you, Maura!😀 We have a lot of Spider-Man fans on our channel!

• Video Showcase

Maura

Organizer
        2022-04-20 at 4:35 AM

Spider-Man is a cool character 😀

• Video Showcase

Dustin

2022-04-21 at 12:15 AM

He is 🙂

• Video Showcase

István

2022-04-18 at 8:27 AM

Thanks! I just saw the elevator scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NbQeowJYNw

• Video Showcase

Dustin

2022-04-19 at 11:56 PM

No problem! Thank you, Istvan!

• Video Showcase

Dustin

2022-04-22 at 2:42 AM

Marvel Recreation Universe BTS Episode 5: Directing.

In this episode, the Cast and Crew of Mru discuss experiences on set and what it was like to work with me on this Production.

• Video Showcase

Maura

Organizer
        2022-04-22 at 8:10 AM

I agree with them, there is no one better to direct this than you, Dustin! Love these videos 😀

• Video Showcase

Dustin

2022-04-23 at 12:46 AM

Thank you, Maura! 🙂

• Video Showcase

Lili

2022-04-24 at 2:15 AM

You should be in the crew of the new superheroes movies. You would do a fantstic job!

• Video Showcase

Dustin

2022-04-29 at 12:26 AM

Thank you, Lili!

• Video Showcase

Dustin

2022-04-29 at 1:01 AM

We were close. We were an extra on the film Cherry featuring Spider-Man star Tom Holland and Directed by the Russo Brothers, Directors of Avengers Infinity war and Endgame.

• Video Showcase

Lili

2022-04-29 at 10:27 AM

You were close – but don’t give up! One day in the future, when a new Marvel movie will come out, I will look on the credits to see your name and I will tell my grandkid that I know Dustin!

• Video Showcase

Dustin

2022-04-30 at 12:19 AM

Thank you, Lili!

• Video Showcase

István

2022-04-25 at 5:36 AM

I am still impressed by the cosplay quality. I wonder how they made the props.

• Video Showcase

Dustin

2022-04-29 at 12:35 AM

Thank you, Istvan! Our Iron Man Cosplayer has a short series of images on his Instagram home page showing how he made his Iron man suit. Link: https://www.instagram.com/captcash/

And our Thor Cosplayer created a video series showcasing his Thor Cosplay build step by step on his YouTube channel. Link: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvrSEUK3czZgKiXsLdIzqonc3OyOfIQPY

• Video Showcase

Maura

Organizer
        2022-04-29 at 10:24 AM

Wow, Dustin, I was looking at the video with T hor’s Axe from Avengers Infinity War. The whole process seems so complex but he explains it so well 😀

• Video Showcase

Dustin

2022-04-30 at 12:49 AM

Thank you, Maura! Daniel is a fantastic Cosplayer and teaches the mechanics of Cosplay expertly. 🙂 Cosplay is not a diffacult as people first guess, when you start breaking it down in to steps.

• Video Showcase

István

2022-04-29 at 10:31 AM

Thanks for sharing! Now I am even more impressed!

• Video Showcase

Dustin

2022-04-30 at 1:23 AM

No problem! Thank you!

• Video Showcase

Dustin

2022-04-30 at 1:29 AM

Marvel Recreation Universe BTS Episode 6: Endgame Cosplayer Recreation Breakdown part 1.

In this episode,we break down our Endgame Cosplayer Recreation shot by shot. part 1. This is a special video release because we are celebrating 50 public videos on our channel!

https://youtu.be/zmTMsGusBi4

• Video Showcase

Maura

Organizer
        2022-05-01 at 12:38 PM

Congrats for 50 public videos! 😀 This is a milestone!

• Video Showcase

Dustin

2022-05-02 at 2:33 AM

Thank you, Maura! 😀