• Game of Thrones

Posted by Kim on at

I watched a little Game of Thrones 3rd Season Episode 1 last night. It’s a show I binge-watched the first time I watched it. Jody, our editor in chief, told me about it, and once I started it, I watched three or more episodes per day. Last night I became more aware of the individual characters’ threads and how the short scenes tell the story and paint a bigger picture. Each character is developed through their interaction with the other characters. I will study it more and try to get a deeper understanding of how it’s put together. It’s more than just good ole story telling, it’s also an intricate collaborative artistic work. George R. R. Martin was the writer. I think it was very well done. I like the intro animations too showing the different kingdoms and the wall.

I sent an email to the only email I could find quickly for George. I hope he can do an interview and talk about Game of Thrones and how he writes. Let’s see if he responds. It’s 4:27 AM in NYC now. Time for coffee. I heard it finish a few moments ago.

Maura replied 11 months, 3 weeks ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Maura

at

I enjoyed watching “House of the Dragon” as well. I hope George answers and agrees to the interview. I happen to be a big fan of the franchise, I have read “The Song of Ice and Fire” saga as well. I have been waiting for his next book for years. Even though the TV show has ended, he did not write all the books from the saga.