• Is there a software to automatically provide the text for an audio recording?

Posted by Sorin on at

I saw a post that there is a software that automatically provides captions for videos. I was wondering if anyone knows a software that can provide captions for an audio recording. I record many interviews and it takes me like forever to manually write them down. The problem is that they are in Romanian language and the few software that I have found online only had support for English language. Any suggestion?

Amy replied 1 year, 5 months ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Maura

at

I looked it up and I found a few apps that can help you with this. The problem is that I haven’t tried any of them yet and I don’t know if they have support for Romanian language.

I guess you use your phone to record these interviews. There is an app called Rev Voice Recorder that you can do both recording and transcription in the same time, on your phone. The app is also free to use. It seems to have a 99% accuracy rate, iOS and Android compatibility.

Another app that you can try is Temi Record and Transcribe which uses a speech recognition technology based on AI. The accuracy is considered to be 80-85% and the first 45 minutes are free. It’s also compatible with iOS and Android.

Dragon Anywhere is an app that has a wider support. I saw online it supports French and German, it might also support Romanian. It also offers cloud-based sharing and the possibility to add custom words for a better accuracy. I didn’t found a free version, just a subscription.

I read a few conversations about Otter. Apparently, it can be used to record zoom meetings, lectures and interviews. It provides live captioning feature for accessibility and it’s technology is powered by AI.

I haven’t tried them yet and I don’t know whether they provide support for Romanian language but you can check them out. 🙂

• Sorin

at

AI seems to be the secret ingredient of apps these days. Hopefully, I will find one app that has support for Romanian language from the list that you provided. Thanks!

• Jeffery

at

There are many apps that do this. The problem is that you need support in a language that is not as popular as English or French for example.

• Amy

at

I googled the topic and apparently, Adobe Premiere has a new feature that allows you to automatically transform speech to text to captions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsLjVVs7SX4