• Maura

at

I have seen many content creators make similar videos lately. There are two methods: you either take each word and show exactly what the lyrics say or you do a parody or creative approach of those lyrics. The parodies seem to get the most views 😀

• Harry

at

A Parody? I could try doing one if I had a sense of humour. The problem is I am not such a funny person. 🙂

• Julia

at

If you’re a good dancer, you could try dancing to that song.

• Harry

at

Not so much of a dancer myself sadly

• Maura

at

Hello again! I did a little bit of research since last night and here are a few tips that might be useful for you:

When you are creating a TikTok video for a lyric inspired video, you need to know that:

1. On TikTok, shorter videos get more views because the attention span of its users is short

2. It would be a good idea for the video to be filmed vertically, even if you use your camera and not your phone for a better quality

3. Engagement matters on TikTok. Your video will be shown to a number of people and if they interact with it (by giving likes, shares or comments), you will reach a wider audience than if you do not have any reaction from your viewers

4. Hashtags don’t matter that much. Most people use #fyp #foryou #viral #goviral hashtags on TikTok but they don’t help your video. Hashtags are used to show the algorithm what category your video stands in so it will show it to people from that category. If you don’t use any hashtag or you don’t use any specific hashtag, it will show your video to random people and they might not even be interested in your type of content.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by  Maura.
    • Harry

at

Hello again, Maura! Thank you for the addendum! It is very insightful.

• István

at

You could be original and do a funny “misheard lyrics”. Laughter can get you farther on TikTok. You don’t need a sense of humour, you can look for inspiration on other misheard lyrics videos. 🙂

• Harry

at

I used to watch this type of videos on YouTube a decade ago. I saw a few posts on TikTok of “misheard lyrics” but again, I am not good with comedy. But the idea is good, Istvan! Thanks!