Color managing your displays saves time, money, and eliminates aggravation.
(GRAND RAPIDS, Mich.) X-Rite, the world leader in color management, measurement and communication technologies, today announces the immediate availability of the i1Display Studio and i1Display Pro Plus, technologically enhanced hardware and software solutions for color calibration and profiling of displays, laptops and projectors.
The trusted i1Display Pro has been the professional choice for high-level, on-screen color accuracy for discerning photographers, imaging professionals, and display manufacturers for more than 8 years. X-Rite extends this legacy for photographers and filmmakers alike with the i1Display Studio, an easy-to-use, affordable, yet professional solution and the i1Display Pro Plus, the ultimate solution to color manage super-bright, HD, and HDR display technology.
i1Display Studio is the ideal solution for both passionate and professional photographers looking for professional color results in an easy-to-use format that doesn’t require in-depth knowledge of color science. It features both one-click presets as well as advanced easy-to-navigate wizard-driven options for more control. The i1Display Studio provides users everything they need in an easy-to-use solution that delivers high quality calibration and profile results in no time.
- Technologically advanced i1Display Studio instrument: an ergonomically designed colorimeter with advanced optical technology and filter set
- 3-in-1 functionality – designed to easily switch between display or projector profiling and ambient light capture
- i1Studio software for display and projector profiling
- Mobile Device Calibration with free ColorTRUE mobile app
- Intelligent Iterative Profiling to accurately measure the color capabilities of a display
- Custom control of white point, luminance, contrast ratio and gamma
- Color match up to four separate displays for color accuracy
- Measurement and compensation of ambient lighting conditions
- FlareCorrect™ for display surface flare measurement and compensation
- Video Standards Support:NTSC, PAL SECAM, Rec. 709, Rec. 2020 and DCI-P3.
- Profile validation and reminder to view before and after results with included images or load your own
i1Display Pro Plus is ideal for filmmakers and photographers working with super-bright, HD, and HDR displays. This solution includes the ability to measure high luminance (brightness) levels as well as the ability to obtain correct neutral shadow detail levels and higher accuracy in dark colors with new Black Current Subtraction technology.
i1Display Pro Plus contains all the in-depth features found in i1Display Pro to profile monitors, projectors and mobile devices, plus these additional features:
- Accurately measure luminance/brightness levels up to 2000 nits.
- Obtain correct neutral detail levels and higher accuracy in dark colors with new black current subtraction technology, especially beneficial on OLED displays or any display that can achieve close to zero black point.
- 1886 default gamma curve – the standard for HDTV – is especially beneficial for 3D LUT workflows and HDR supported displays to minimize clipping in dark area as well as achieve better behavior in blacks and smooth to ideal detail levels.
- USB-C compatible with included USB-C to USB-A adapter
“Professional and passionate photographers and filmmakers who are concerned about color perfection know that having properly calibrated and profiled displays is an essential and critical component for a successful and efficient creative workflow,” said Liz Quinlisk, X-Rite’s Global Business Unit Manager, Photo and Video. “The new i1Display Studio and i1Display Pro Plus, coupled with our current number one seller, the i1Display Pro, provides every level of users with optimally calibrated displays, projectors and mobile devices, consistently and easily. This ensures a user’s digital files will be viewed and shared accurately to enable faithful reproduction every time.”
The two new i1Display solutions feature the industry’s most advanced colorimeter bundled with the latest display and projector profiling software to ensure unrivaled color accuracy and consistency now and in the future.
X-Rite also introduces three new kits to complement a photographer’s and/or filmmaker’s workflow from capture to edit. Each kit includes an i1Display monitor calibration solution, a ColorChecker Passport for use at capture and a handy lanyard.
The new kits include:
- i1 ColorChecker Photo Kit – includes i1Display Studio and ColorChecker Passport 2
- i1 ColorChecker Pro Photo Kit – includes i1Display Pro and ColorChecker Passport 2
- i1 ColorChecker Filmmaker Kit – includes i1Display Pro Plus and ColorChecker Video
*Each kit is offered at a reduced price compared to purchasing separately.
The new i1Display Studio, i1Display Pro Plus and the new i1 Kits are now available from X-Rite (North America and Europe) online stores as well as from the company’s worldwide network of resellers.
Color Perfectionists Unite.
Founded in 1958, X-Rite Incorporated is a global leader in the science and technology of color and appearance. With Pantone, X-Rite employs more than 800 people in 11 countries. The company’s corporate headquarters are located in Grand Rapids, Mich., with regional headquarters in Europe and Asia and service centers across Europe, the Middle East, Asia, and the Americas. X-Rite offers a full range of solutions used by manufacturers, retailers, printers, photographers, filmmakers and graphic design houses to achieve precise management and communication of color and appearance throughout their processes. X-Rite products and services are recognized standards in the printing, packaging, photography, graphic design, video, automotive, paints, plastics, textiles and medical industries.
About MAC Group:
33 years ago, MAC Group started as a boutique marketing, sales and distribution group focusing on professional photographers. As the industry has evolved, so has MAC Group with their expansion into filmmaking, video, mobile, content creation and audio. Today, MAC Group is one of the leading companies of their kind with world-renowned brands offering products and education that enhances the lives of passionate content creators at every experience level. For more information, visit: macgroupus.com
About XP Distribution
XP Distribution is Europe’s leading distributor of hardware, software, accessories and consumables into the digital imaging and graphics market. Distributing exclusively to the reseller channel, XP Distribution offers a range of internationally renowned brands, a multilingual account management team, a group of highly qualified technical support specialists and a distribution network servicing Europe, Middle East and Africa. The XP Distribution team has the experience, capability and drive to support your future business growth. For more information, visit: xpdistribution.com.