“This year, the June solstice occurs on Sunday, June 20, marking the start of summer in the Northern Hemisphere. Summer is the season with many stories to tell. Many exciting adventures take place during this season, leaving happy memories in the depth of time. With this occasion, Student Filmmakers Magazine challenges you to tell us your summer story.”
~ From Maura B. @ The Filmmakers Forums Community
Summer Shorts 2021 Film & Video Contest
- The contest is open to all members of our online community and subscribers of Student Filmmakers
- If you’re not yet a member, it’s FREE to join! Connect and network with like-minded passionate artists and storytellers. Become a member of the Filmmakers Forums Community Online (https://www.studentfilmmakers.com/forums/) and Filmmakers Global Network Community Online (https://networking.studentfilmmakers.com/).
- Three Categories: Junior High / High School, College, and Professional
- Start Date: June 20, 2021 (The first day of summer)
- End Date: September 22, 2021 (The last day summer)
- Winners will be announced one week after the contest deadline, in an online conference that will be streamed on our YouTube channel, (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuyU-iIJrF7-N1rJ8hfm9JA)
- Open to all students, schools, teachers, professors, educators, indies, and professionals.
We look forward to seeing and experiencing your summer story through your short film, video or animation, (5 minutes to 20 minutes in length).
The Summer Shorts 2021 Film & Video Contest is open to all filmmakers, videographers, and animators, as well as storytellers who work in any or all “moving image” formats. This includes students, independent filmmakers, and professionals in the broadcast, cinema, television, and digital media industries.
- Participants must register their original work to the contest and must be the rightful owners to the content they have used.
- We do not allow entries containing X-rated content into our contest.
- Participants must provide a valid e-mail address, where they can be reached if further details are needed.
- By submitting your video to this contest, you give us permission to further use, publish and use your video on our website, social media networks, and in our magazine. All videos of any person must have the permission of that person (or parent/legal guardian) authorizing the contest entry and the rights set forth above for use of the video. By entering our contest, you give us and our sponsors permission to use the details that you are willingly providing us in your entry form. We may contact you via email to request further details. By entering your video to our contest, you give us full rights to use it. You also give us and our sponsors full rights and permission to use your videos in Digital Media, streaming and video and all other media and promotional content.