Matt Armendariz, photographer, writer, avid traveler and blogger who specializes in food, drink and tasty spots all over the world.
New or amateur food photographers; food bloggers
- Learn how to take the most delicious photos of your food with guidance from the author of the popular blog, Mattbites!
- Features practical food photography and styling tips you can use at home with commonplace items
- A part of the Focus On series, these books are designed to get you up to speed and grabbing your camera in a snap with funky tip boxes, helpful step-by-steps, and loads of gorgeous photos!
Sharing your kitchen concoctions on your personal food blog has never been as popular as it is right now, but if you’ve ever had trouble getting your tasty temptations to look like pretty plates on camera, you know how difficult it can be to take amazing pictures of food. Matt Armendariz, of Mattbites food blog fame, shares his experiences and best practices for creating wonderful food photos in Focus On Food Photography for Bloggers. Written specifically for you the blogger, Matt discusses the ins and outs of equipment, lighting, composition, propping, sparking your inspiration, and getting creative, all with what you have on hand at home! Learn how to avoid common pitfalls with foods that are notoriously camera shy, how to successfully snap your dinner at a restaurant as well as on your kitchen table, and how to style your food with what you have in your cupboards. He also includes advice on post-processing, posting, and protecting your prized images.
As well as on his blog, Matt’s photography has been featured in The Skinny Bitch Cookbook, on Martha Stewart, Paula Deen’s Best Dishes, and Gordon Ramsay’s Hell’s Kitchen, along with numerous food magazines and newspapers. Let this seasoned blogger give your food photography the boost it needs to really make your readers salivate!
The Nuts & Bolts
- Intro to Food Photography
- Lenses & Cameras
- Depth of Field
- Light, Light, and More Light
- Types of Light: Natural, Strobe, On-Camera Flash, Flood, etc.
- Modify That Light!
- Equipment: Using What Ya Got!
- Color Temperature & Color Balance
- Challenges & Difficulties
- The Creative Process
- Composition (rules of third, negative & positive space, etc)
- Inspiration Is Everywhere
- All About Props
- Food Styling 101
Tips & Tricks / The Real World
- Matt’s Top Ten Tips for Food Photography
- Shooting In A Restaurant
- Difficult Foods To Photograph And What You Can Do About It
- Help! I’m photographing my dinner!
Resources & Links