John and Barbara Gerlach, the founders of Gerlach Nature Photography.
Intermediate or very serious amateur photographer; wildlife/nature hobbyist photographer
- No stone left unturned-from gear and technique to feeding and location, this book has everything the reader needs to get out into the field
- Internationally recognized photographers and teachers. John and Barbara Gerlach are globally recognized as the best teachers in the wildlife genre
- Technological information on cropping, frames per second, pixels/enlarging, and even HDR
- “Top-ten” list of the best locations in the world for wildlife photography to inspire adventure
- Breathtaking images make this an ideal gift not just for photographers, but also for wildlife enthusiasts
Using a combination of artistic approach and impeccable technique, professional photographers John and Barbara Gerlach guide you through the field as you photograph intriguing and captivating subjects out in the wild. Learn how to integrate equipment with technique to capture superb wildlife images of birds, mammals, amphibians, and more, with an emphasis on precision and speed. This book includes all of the details you need to capture wildlife photos easily and consistently – choose the right lens and best lighting while following simple composition guidelines that are perfect for wildlife.
John and Barbara Gerlach have taken more than a million wildlife images since 1978 and run seminars and workshops all over the world. Their pictures have been published in Outdoor Photographer, Audubon, Popular Photography National Wildlife, Sierra, Natural History, Petersen’s Photographic, Ranger Rick, Birder’s World, as well as books published by National Geographic Society, Sierra Club and others.
Intro; Camera Accessories; Choosing and Using Lenses; Exposing Fast and Accurately; Focusing Techniques; Shooting Quality Images; Light-The Crucial Element; Composition; Getting Close to Wildlife; Terrific Wildlife Photography Locations; Traveling with Your Photo Gear; Our Basic Workflow; Resources