Sam Kauffmann, Boston University’s College of Communication, Boston. MA, USA and Ashley Kennedy, Lynda.com, USA.
Market: novice Avid editors; university students studying video production
New to the fifth edition:
* Coverage of all updated Media Composer 6 functionality, including exciting interface changes and powerful new editing tools
* Working in a tapeless HD workflow
* Using brand new organizational and searching techniques
* Customizing and linking your Avid workspaces for your own individual editing style
* A new 4-color insert with the color correction chapter
Far more than just a software manual, Avid Editing is your trusted guide to uncovering the many layers of one of the world’s most exciting crafts. This book weaves valuable editing principles together with the robust Avid workflow, delving deeply into efficient editing techniques and concepts. In an easy-to-read style, you’ll encounter detailed step-by-step instructions for hundreds of Avid procedures, and more than 500 images and screen captures make complex concepts easy to grasp. You’ll soon begin to know the system in and out, all while improving your overall editing technique and skillset.
Geared toward beginning and intermediate Avid editors, this book guides you through both narrative and documentary editing projects. The accompanying DVD provides professionally shot footage for you to edit, giving you a hands-on, learn-as-you-go experience.
The Project Window
A Few Editing Tips
Saving Your Work
Keeping in Sync
Importing and Exporting
Digital Filmmaking at 24P
HD and HDV
Shooting on Film, Finishing on Film
Present and Future