Bill Byrne, Academic director of the Media Arts and Animation, Visual Effects and Motion Graphics, Game Art and Design and Digital Filmmaking and Video Production departments at The Art Institute of Austin, TX, USA; Adobe Certified Expert in Photoshop CS3; Professional motion graphics designer and editor for TV and film, with clients such as Electronic Arts, NBC, Tiffany & Co., ABC Sports, ESPN, Panasonic, Snickers and RCA Records
Experienced 2D mograph artists looking to expand their skills to include 3d; mograph students
* Full of step-by-step tutorials that will greatly enhance your novice 3D skills in a matter of minutes
* 4-color illustrations and artist profiles provide you with artistic and practical inspiration
* The companion DVD includes project files for you to work with yourself, as well as video instruction, providing visual instruction for techniques presented in the book
Add 3D to your mograph skillset! For the experienced 2D artist, this lavishly illustrated, 4 color book presents the essentials to building and compositing 3D elements into your 2D world of film and broadcast. Concepts and techniques are presented in concise, step-by-step tutorials, hundreds of which are featured throughout. Featured applications include Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, and Cinema 4D.
Lessons include exploring the expanded 3D functionality of the Adobe Creative Suite applications (After Effects, Photoshop, and Illustrator) through a series of practical tutorials. More advanced lessons then follow, with tutorials and insight provided in specifically geared lessons for 2D artists working in Cinema 4D, 3ds Max, and ZBrush.
4-color presentation is further enhanced by various sidebars, tips, and “gotchas” to watch for through-out the book. The DVD contains hours of project files with which you can work along the tutorials in the book.
2. Creating the Illusion of Depth
3. Software Tools
4. Photoshop CS5 3D
6. After Effects and 3D
7. Beginning 3D For Real (Introduction to Cinema 4D and 3Ds Max)
8. Animation In 3D
9. Materials and Lighting
10. Motion Typography From 2D to 3D
11. MoGraph tools in Cinema 4D
12. Building the Scene: Layers of a 3D Scene
13. 3D Compositing- A Return to 2D