Cameras: News and Updates
The new Alura LDS Extenders 1.4x and 2.0x are the perfect products to extend the focal length range of zoom and prime lenses. These additional lens systems which can be easily mounted between the camera’s PL mount and the zoom or prime lens PL mount are small, lightweight and have the ability to transfer lens metadata from appropriate lenses (Ultra Prime LDS, Master Prime, Alura Lightweight Zoom) based on the protocol of the ARRI Lens Data System (LDS) to the camera. The two extenders are especially designed for the ARRI/Fujinon Alura zoom lenses and multiply the focal length of the base lens by a factor of 1.4 or 2.0 with only one or two T-stops loss at full aperture. The combination with the Alura zoom lenses gives a highly competitive solution over expensive long range zoom lenses with only little or no influence to the optical and mechanical quality of the Alura zoom lenses.
The combination of Alura zooms and Alura LDS Extenders gives a huge focal length bridge from 15.5mm to 500mm:
- Alura T2.6/18-85mm + Alura Extender 1.4x > Alura T3.7/25-120mm
- Alura T2.6/18-85mm + Alura Extender 2.0x > Alura T5.2/36-170mm
- Alura T2.6/45-250mm + Alura Extender 1.4x > Alura T3.7/63-350mm
- Alura T2.6/45-250mm + Alura Extender 2.0x > Alura T5.2/90-500mm
- Alura T2.8/15.5-45mm + Alura Extender 1.4x > Alura T4.0/22-63mm
- Alura T2.8/15.5-45mm + Alura Extender 2.0x > Alura T5.6/31-90mm
- Alura T2.8/30-80mm + Alura Extender 1.4x > Alura T4.0/42-112mm
- Alura T2.8/30-80mm + Alura Extender 2.0x > Alura T5.6/60-160mm
With headquarters located in Munich, Germany, Arnold and Richter Cine Technik (A&R) was founded in 1917 and is the world's largest manufacturer and distributor of motion picture camera, digital intermediate (DI) and lighting equipment. The ARRI Group comprises a global network of subsidiaries, agents and representatives that covers all aspects of the film industry: design, engineering, production, equipment rental, turnkey lighting solutions, postproduction, film and sound laboratory services, and visual effects. Manufactured products include the groundbreaking ALEXA digital camera system, film cameras, professional camera accessories, cutting-edge LED lighting and DI solutions such as the ARRISCAN and archive tools. The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has recognized ARRI technologies and continual innovation with 18 Scientific and Engineering Awards.