Elite Brands Inc., announced the immediate availability of the new XEEN by Rokinon 16mm T2.6 Professional Cine Lens. The introduction of the 16mm grows the XEEN by Rokinon Professional Cine Lens System to 7 Full Frame models consisting of:
14mm T3.1 • 16mm T2.6 • 24mm T1.5 • 35mm T1.5 • 50mm T1.5 • 85mm T1.5 • 135mm T2.2
Positioned in between the 14mm T3.1 and the 24mm T1.5, the new Xeen by Rokinon 16mm T2.6 is a faster super wide angle with shallower depth of field capability as compared to the 14mm.
Traditional professional cinema lens features have not been overlooked as the 16mm, like all XEEN’s, offers a uniform 114mm NonRotating Front Diameter for easy use with Matte Boxes, consistent focus/aperture ring placement, and standard 0.8 Cine Pitch gearing for fast lens swaps when using follow focus devices. It’s available in PL mount as well as Canon, Nikon, Sony E, and MFT, and accessory mount kits are available to switch mounts if required.
The new 16mm T2.6 maintains all the characteristics of the Xeen by Rokinon Professional Cine Lens system, including Full Frame Coverage, an all metal design that typically weighs less than the competition and an 11 blade diaphragm for pleasing bokeh. Proprietary XEEN X-Coating Technology is employed to ensure maximum image quality with a cinematic look even under lessthan-optimal lighting conditions. All the above, outstanding optical performance and high resolving power combine to enable 6K production of video and cinema.
XEEN by Rokinon lens mechanics and optics are manufactured and precision assembled utilizing cutting edge technology and techniques. A limited quantity of XEEN by Rokinon 16mm T2.6 Professional Cine Lens are immediately available from authorized dealers. With a street price of $2495 including a Three Year Limited Warranty, the 16mm and all XEENs is the best value for professional cine lenses in the industry.
Features common to XEEN lenses include:
• 6K Ready Optics
• Full Frame Coverage
• Tightly Color Matched
• Durable All Metal Body
• Unified 40° Iris Rotation
• Unified 200° Focus Throw
• Large Easy To Read Markings
• Three Year Limited Warranty
• Lens Support Mount (Except PL)
• Xeen Proprietary X-Coating Technology
• Unified 114mm Non-Rotating Front Diameters
• 11 Bladed Diaphragm for Superb Bokeh (Except 14mm)
• Dual Calibrated Right and Left Side Distance and T-Stop Scales
• Unified Focus and Aperture Gear Positions for Easy Follow Focus Use
• Mounts can be shimmed and are interchangeable by a qualified technician
• Incredibly smooth and fully damped movement of focusing and aperture controls
For more information, visit xeenusa.com.