When: October 2018 – February 2019
Scheduled near the New Moon when the night skies are their darkest. Spend the night exploring the park and the dark skies in Joshua Tree. An excellent introduction to Dark Skies photography for beginners, and an excellent location for experienced photographers to take their craft to the next level.
The workshop includes:
- Overnight session – Starts ~2 hours before sunset – Ends 11am next day
- Dark Skies Photography training
- “Star Tracker” Photography Training and Techniques
- Optimal camera settings for ISO / Aperture / Exposure / Color temperature
- Night photography from numerous locations in the park
- Night-Lighting techniques
- Star Trail Photography
- Overview of Astronomy topics relevant to Dark Skies photography
- Post Processing training in Lightroom “Classic” CC
- Optimal Camera Setup, including lens selection – pre-class
For more information, visit https://www.joshuatreeworkshops.com/night-photography/.