* Make a good plan.
* Record your videos.
* Take notes and journal about your project
START IN FILMMAKING
I started to make films in university. I graduated Aegean University, Faculty of Communication, Radio TV Cinema Department. When I started, I didn’t have any idea how I can make a film. But, I watched films, read cinema books, took photos, attended lessons. Then I realized that this is only way that I can tell stories to people for me. So, I’ve been making short documentaries and taking photos since 2007.
I prefer directing my own films. For other projects, I frequently work as Cinematographer or Cameraperson. I’m also taking photos and this gives me great point of view and understanding for being behind the camera. I directed a few short films and documentaries, and attended festivals. I talked with people, they gave me feedback. Now, I’m trying to make films that have more meaning and quality.
I’m using the Canon 5D Mark II, so this is my favorite camera. It’s small with a 50mm lens, and I can bring it anywhere I want. Also for making interviews I always prefer using my Canon with 50mm. Besides, I use analog cameras for taking photos. My favorite cameras are Lubitel B, Praktica LTL, Diana CMYK.
Now, I’m working on two projects. One of them – I will make a Remix Video for “Remapping Europe” project. It’s about immigrants who live in Tarlabasi/Istanbul. We will try to make awareness for and reflect point of view about immigrants’ problems. The other project is about Mr. Mümin who lives in his own vineyard. This area will get destroyed in a few months, and we’re recording this process with my friend Gözde Efe. Additionally, I’m working on my master thesis is about “Violence in Coen Brothers’ Films.” I have a website www.handezerkin.com. I’m sharing lots of news about my projects.
Sign Up for Free! (click here)
Join the studentfilmmakers.com Network today.
- Members have an opportunity to be featured in StudentFilmmakers Magazine and StudentFilmmakers.com.
- Connect with Filmmakers, Crew and Talent around the world.
- Find people to work with in your area, and be found by people looking for crew.
- Share your production stills and production blogs.
- See what others in the creative communities are working on and achieving.
- Broadcast your Reels and post your videos in the video showcase.