What software should I use to compose my first song?

• What software should I use to compose my first song?

Composers Kim updated 4 weeks ago 4 Members · 5 Posts
  • Composers

Marianna

2021-09-15 at 8:56 AM

Hallo,
    I am working on a Short Film and I wish to create my own soundtrack.
    What software do you recommend? I do not have previous experience with such software. I am looking for a software that is accessible and where it is easy to compose a song.
    Danke!

• Composers

Maura

2021-09-15 at 8:58 AM

Hello Marianna!
    It is difficult to compose a song without previous experience or background knowledge. My program of choice is Sibelius, however there are others such as GarageBand.
    Good luck with your first song! And keep us updated!

• Composers

Minjae

2021-09-17 at 8:17 PM

As a composer, for better result in general, I would recommend hiring composer, but if you really really want to do it yourself, I’d recommend going for Garageband if you’re Mac user. If you’re PC user, I think using Cakewalk and search for bunch of audio clips (a.k.a. samples) and free sampler and Soundfonts. But again, it’s highly recommended for you to get a composer instead of doing yourself especially if you don’t have much knowledge on music. Seriously.

• Composers

Marianna

2021-09-18 at 6:02 AM

Hiring a composer is always the best option 🙂 But I would love to learn, too. I am still a novice and all my projects are made for the sake of experience and learning 😀

• Composers

Kim

Organizer
    2021-09-19 at 10:10 AM

There are many programs. Ableton is popular. I am not sure what is the most popular. Here is an article about using garageband to make your soundtrack. https://www.studentfilmmakers.com/use-garageband-to-create-an-original-soundtrack-for-your-film/

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now