Which is the best camera for students in 2021?

• Creator
    Discussion

• Maura
    Participant

Today’s students are tomorrow’s professionals and the first camera they have can influence their work, portfolio and career.
    I was reading a few articles regarding which cameras are recommended for students and beginners. From what I have seen, in 2021, students can use their smartphone, such as the latest iPhone, Samsung or even Huawei, as long as they use proper lighting and camera settings.

For those who wish to adventure further, they have to consider the price of lens, tripods and gimbals and in some cases, even drones. Fujifilm X-T4, Canon EOS R5, Nikon Z6 II and the newcomer, Sony A7C could be an alternative for them and probably the drone from DJI Mavic Mini, which is more affordable.

• The best camera should be the one you can afford. Of course the quality is not the same as an expensive camera, but everyone starts from somewhere

• I was browsing the internet looking for more information about this and it seems that many agreed that Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 4K was an affordable camera for their projects. The camera costs about $1,300 on Amazon. Research also suggests that Sony A6400 Mirrorless Camera was also an affordable camera, however, considering its price is similar to the Blackmagic, I wouldn’t choose this one for my projects if I would have been given this option. Sony proved to be a good camera for photography, but filmmaking is a totally different subject 🙂