• What is your favourite Gimbal?

Posted by Maura on at

A Gimbal can help you create shake-free and smooth footage. For each type of filming device, there is a different type of Gimbal. I noticed that hand-held gimbals for smartphone devices are most popular among students. I’ve seen professional filmmakers use full-body gimbals.

Which one did you use and which one is your favourite?

Maura replied 1 year, 4 months ago 7 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • Amy

at

I have a smartphone and I use DJI Osmo Mobile 2. It is a good Gimbal, you don’t have to worry about manually setting up anything, it automatically balances the phone. The image is pretty smooth.

I help one of my classmates with an assignment. I was in her car, window was open, I had my hands outside the window with the Gimbal. We were filming a “car chasing scene”. The result was pretty good! The teacher was pleased. 😀

As for pricing, it is very affordable, especially for a student. I paid £100

• Jeffery

at

There is Feyu Gimbal for smartphone, too. You have to manually set up everything, each axe.

• Kim

Administrator
    at

I have heard some good things about DJI gimbals.

• Alex

at

My Gimbal is Zhiyun Tech Crane 3S Pro. I use it for my Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K Pro. They work very well together.

• Lili

at

I have a Huawei P40 Pro and the Gimbal Feiyutech G6 Max. It takes me like forever until I set it up and balance each axe. Once I am done setting it up, it runs smooth. Sometimes, I use a DJI because it’s all auto and sometimes you just don’t have the time to set everything up.

• Harry

at

One does not simply choose the right gimbal. The right gimbal chooses you. Has any of you try the gimbal Moza Air 2S? I did, it’s my fav one.

• Kim

Administrator
    at
    • Maura

at

This is a really good deal for filmmakers located in NYC!