What degrees do you need for film school?

• Creator
    Discussion

• Harry
    Participant

I am Harry and I live in United Kingdom. I dream of becomming a film maker one day and make really good movie. I am not the self-taught type of person and for me, I believe that attending Uni is the way. I have starting conducting online research on multiple film schools and I have found many mixed reviews and discussions that confused me. It can be difficult when you don’t know someone from the industry or someone who is actually a student at a film school. Or even a film school graduate. I have started a few posts on the forums regarding my academic journey in hopes to clear up a bit of the confusion that I am facing and I am grateful for each response I receive.
    Now I have another question that I did not found an answer online and that worries me. What degree do you need for film school? I did not study art at high school and I do not have any art-related degree. Would this affect my ability to be admitted into film school?

• The fun part is that you don’t even need a University degree to be a filmmaker. From my knowledge, it doesn’t really matter what high school you graduated from. It matters to have the money to pay for tuition which can be very expensive and to have some sort of talent for filmmaking.

• I am attending film school and I did not graduate from an art high school. Each Uni has an admission procedure which is usually on their website. Look it up and see if you can study there or not based on their admission criteria.