HomePage Forums Film Festivals More news from the Eye2Eye international Film Festival

• More news from the Eye2Eye international Film Festival

Posted by Chris on 2022-09-10 at 12:05 PM

I stumbled on this website when I was seeking information on film festivals for student filmmakers. Why? Well, I’m a member of a fairly new volunteer group in S. Ontario, Canada, called Film Access Northumberland (FAN). The main activity of FAN so far has been its annual film festival, cum student film showcase that goes by the name of Eye2Eye. Of course, Covid has limited what we were able to do in our first Eye2Eye festivals, but please take a look at us on our website to see more about us than I can tell you in just a few words.

https://filmaccessnorthumberland.ca/

Eye2Eye offers awards to Emerging Filmmakers (EFs) from any country who qualify to enter their film. The awards are “in-kind” in the form of, for instance, mentorships with professionals in the film industry.

We also include in our festival at least one live master class. We have two already on You Tube: Here’s the one from 2022:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4vHH4GPA7I

As soon as I can, I’ll be posting the material to let you know who is eligible to submit and how to go about submitting – deadlines, formats and such.

Let me repeat, this is a festival that’s open to EFs anywhere on the planet. There will be a screening jury with members from FAN plus professionals from the film industry. The films selected will be shown at the EFs Showcase and another jury will select who will receive our in-kind awards from those finalists .

The Eye2Eye festival is set to take place on the weekend of June 2 – 4, 2023, in Cobourg Ontario.

Chris

FILMACCESSNORTHUMBERLAND.CA

Alberto replied 2 weeks, 6 days ago 4 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Maura

2022-09-10 at 12:14 PM

Thank you for letting our community know about this opportunity!

• Julia

2022-09-11 at 11:06 AM

Awesome!

• Alberto

2022-09-11 at 4:12 PM

This is a great opportunity for AIFF to connect with other film festivals. Thanks