Filter

close

How to enable Grid Lines on your Smartphone

• Creator
    Discussion

• Maura
    Participant

In the past days, I saw a discussion in our community about the “Grid” option for the smartphone, therefore, I decided to do a little research about it.

What is the Camera Grid?

The Camera Grid is a visual aid, a visual feature that you can use on your smartphone to divide your photo using four lines, which are displayed horizontally and vertically along the screen. The Grid is not visible after the photo is taken, however, the Grid is visible when you are taking the photo.

On what smartphones is the Camera Grid available?

The Camera Grid is available on most smartphones and it can usually be found in the “Settings”.

How to enable the Camera Grid on iPhone?

From your Home Screen, you tap on “Settings”.

Once you are in “Settings”, you look for “Camera” and you tap on it.

In “Camera”, you scroll down to “Composition”, where you have the “Grid”. You can turn the Camera Grid on and off by tapping on the “Grid”.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJpPNLt6hsI

How to enable the Camera Grid on Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra

From the Home Screen, you tap on the “Camera” App from the bottom right corner of the screen.

From the “Camera” App, you tap on the “Settings” from the top left side of the screen.

From the “Camera Settings”, you scroll down to “Grid Lines”. From there, you can turn the Camera Grid Lines on or off by tapping on them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x60wRY2RGC4

How to enable Camera Grid Lines on Huawei P40 Lite

The Camera Grid is available on more affordable phones, too. For example, on Huawei P40 Lite.

In order to enable Grid Lines, you start by going to your Home Screen. On the bottom right corner of the screen, you open the “Camera” app.

From the “Camera” app, you tap on the “Settings” from the top right side of the screen.

In the “Camera Settings”, you can turn the Assistive grid on or off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-FGcXVQRVQ

• The Camera Grid is a great tool to take better pictures with your smartphone. Sadly, the phone that Isabella uses seems to not have that feature. This feature is probably only available to the newer phone models, not to the old ones as well.

• Hopefully, all new phone models come with the Grid Lines, regardless of their price.

• The Grid Lines works best with the Pro Mode, where you manually set up your smartphone camera. You can unlock your phone’s true potential by setting it up yourself, instead of relying on AI to do all the work for you.
    I think it’s important to mention that Grid Lines are also available when you film a video, not only when you take a picture.

• When I use the grid, I need less post-edit for my pictures. When I don’t…I rotate them afterwards 😀

• During a class, one of our teacher told us about the importance of using Grid lines and Pro mode instead of auto everything.

• My classmates would say they can fix anything in post-editing. I tell them: why bother fixing everything in post editing, when you can take a few extra steps and save a lot of time to begin with? Grid lines can save you so many hours of fixing.

• An incredible tip for a smartphone user like myself. I will look into using this when filming my videos and content for others.

• Kim

Very cool