How to easily add captions to your videos

• Creator
    Discussion

• Maura
    Participant

I have recently stumbled upon a software that can be extremely helpful for content creators, podcasts and vlogs. Manually adding captions can be time consuming, however, a service called Descript provides an all-in-one audio and video editing. The service has both a free version and a paid version. Has anyone else tried it yet? Have you tried a similar software?

For those who haven’t, you need to download the app for Windws from their website. Then, you need to select “New classic project” and you drag & drop your video there. The next step is to select the language of your video. After about one minute of waiting, your captions are done. This software is perfect for short TikTok clips too and it has a feature called “fancy caption”. To properly use this feature, you will also need to select “word-level animation” and choose a bright colour such as yellow for “playhead color” option.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bl9wqNe5J8U

The free version of descript has a few limitations: you can’t export full hd, only 720p. The export will have a watermark and you have only 3 hours of transcript.

• I was waiting for technology to reach a point of automation which can save a lot of time. I remember how many hours I used to spend manually writing captions. I haven’t tried this software yet but I’ll look it up.

• I need this but for audio recordings. I record many audio interviews and it takes like forever to write them down. I think I will start a post about this, maybe someone has a suggestion to help me out.

• I will look it up as well but until then, maybe someone else has an idea 🙂

• Adding captions automatically to videos is a very useful feature, especially for those content creators who make really short videos for social media