• How many years is a film school?

Posted by Harry on at

I want to apply for Film School in the near future and I have done a lot of research online about this. However, I am confused. I saw that some Film Schools have educational programs that last courses that last 1 or 2 years, while others last for 3 or 4 years. How many years is a Film School??

• This discussion was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by  Harry.
    Colton replied 1 year, 7 months ago 4 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • István

at

To my knowledge, it usually takes 3 years. But it depends what you want to study and what you plan to do with your diploma after you graduate.

• Julia

at

You probably looked on the BA programs from London Film School. They have 2 years programs. There are many film schools in UK that you can look up…NFTS, MET Film School, Ravensbourne, London Film Academy, the list goes on. Look up their BA programs and see which works best for you, don’t just stop at the first one that you found 🙂 Yes, some are 2 years, some are 3 years and some are even 4 years. Some are online, some are not. I recommend you going there for the actual experience if you can afford it, not just take it online. Online is not the same trust me, COVID taught us this.

• Colton

at

To be honest, Harry, this part got me confused as well.