Filmschool Cameras

• Creator
    Discussion

• Kim
    Keymaster

What kind of cameras are you using at your school?

• Amy

It truly depends on your budget. I have an iPhone. I have classmates that have a Blackmagic or a DSLR they use for filming.

• Not a student but I once filmed a short documentary using only two Huawei phones, one tripod and one gimbal. And a lav.

• The key to choosing the right tools is whatever is available to you. The art and craft of filmmaking is in the telling of one’s story. THE STORY IS EVERYTHING!

Most of us got into filmmaking because we felt we had something unique to say.

Granted there are those who are in love with the equipment but you can have the finest tools and yet if you have nothing to say who cares.

Find your unique voice. What is it that motivates you? What is that story that convinced you to tell your own?

• Kim

I just want to echo this sentiment by saying shoot as many things as you can with whatever you have. Even if it’s your phone. Keep shooting any story you can think of. Make a documentary of your neighborhood or tell the story of how you met your best friend. Shot with what you have. 📷📹🎥📱

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by  Kim.
  • Kim

YES😀