HomePage Forums Jobs and Internships Any advice on how to get accepted to a Filmmaking Internship?

• Any advice on how to get accepted to a Filmmaking Internship?

Posted by Julia on 2022-05-24 at 7:50 AM

Good day! As some of you already know, I am currently a Filmmaking Student. During my student years, I wish to gain experience in the Filmmaking industry. For this purpose, I started searching and applying for internships. I think I am doing something wrong, because I did not get accepted to any of them yet.

What could I do better when applying for internships? How can I start building the experience I will so much need after I graduate?

Julia replied 5 months ago 5 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Maura

2022-05-25 at 4:01 AM

The first advice that I will give you is: Don’t give up! 🙂 Continue to apply, even if it might take longer than you expect.

• Marianna

2022-05-25 at 4:15 AM

I applied and got accepted for an internship here, in Berlin and I can tell you what worked for me.

The University that I am at offers Internship opportunities for its students. Did you ask any of your tutors for help in finding an internship? Maybe your University has a partnership that you can benefit from 🙂
    If your University cannot help you, don’t worry! All you have to do is search for them online, which I see you already did. The problem here is that, just like you, others are actively searching for internships as well, which means they probably have many candidates, too. It can be a game of number after all, the more you apply, the more you increase your odds of getting into one.

• Alex

2022-05-26 at 4:31 AM

I did not apply for internships when I was a student. Back then, companies were not accepting interns. What I did, on the other hand, is that I looked to work as a volunteer. Volunteering has helped me develop many useful skills that I ended up using in my profession.
    An advice I can give you is that don’t be discouraged if you do not find an internship. Try working as a volunteer to develop skills until you can find an internship. Don’t let time pass. You are a student which means that other students might have projects you can help them with. Or they can help you with your projects. You also have teachers who can guide you, all you need to do is ask them. Most teachers are very happy to help but most students don’t take their time to ask for their advice or feedback.

• Amy

2022-05-27 at 3:54 AM

Hello Julia!
    I am struggling with the same problem at the moment! I did not get accepted into any internship that I wanted. That did not discouraged me, it will just make my quest longer and harder. If I cannot work to learn from an internship, I will do it on my own and make the most out of my student experience. If you find a quick way to get into an internship, let me know. I’m also interested.

Hugs,
    Amy

• Julia

2022-06-27 at 7:00 AM

Thank you for your valuable advice and feedback!