• Advice Needed! How to write the script for a poem?

Posted by Julia on at

In the past week, I have created a post asking for your advice on how to create an Autumn short film about a Poem. I have received many great tips from you and I am thankful for that. However, now I have stumbled upon another problem. I need to write a script for my project and I am not sure how to do it.

I wish to create a short film using the poem “The Raven” by Edgar Allan Poe. It would be a great practice for me to write a detailed script based on this, describing the scenes that I will film, the characters that I will use and so on. This will be my first script for a real project that I will write, therefore I need your help once again!
    Problem No. 1: How do I write the script? Is there a template I should follow?
    Problem No. 2: Considering the Poem already exists, how do I adapt it to my script? Filmmakers do this all the time when they are adapting books into movies. How should I proceed with this poem? Should I leave anything out of the short film? Should I add something original and creative that is not in the poem?

Problem No. 3: What software should I use to write this script? I know there are many options that I can choose from however I am not sure which would work best for a student like me with little to no experience.

• This discussion was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by  Julia.
    Maura replied 1 year, 6 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies