6 Tips To Create Viral TikTok Videos

• Creator
    Discussion

• Maura
    Participant

In the past years, a new social media platform has gained more popularity than YouTube and Facebook. The name of this platform is TikTok. TikTok allows its users to create and share short videos. People of all ages use this platform for entertainment.

In the past year, many filmmakers have also started using TikTok to promote their creative projects. Filmmakers can easily reach a larger audience and showcase their work and behind-the-scenes footage. The popular Netflix show, Wednesday, has used TikTok to increase its popularity and as a result, Wednesday’s dance from the show got viral.

Filmmakers can also use TikTok to find inspiration and collaborate with others. Additionally, TikTok can be a useful tool for filmmakers to learn about new trends and techniques in the industry, as well as to get feedback on their work from other users.

It can be difficult to create a video that gets viral on TikTok and many have tried to understand the algorithm. Based on my experience, here are 6 tips that can help you create viral TikTok videos:

1. Keep it Short – TikTok videos should be 15 seconds or less. This is the optimal length for people to quickly watch and react to your video.

2. Add Music – Music is a great way to create emotion and engage viewers. Use popular songs to attract people to watch your video. You can find a list of trending songs when you are adding a new video.

3. Use Relevant Hashtags – Hashtags are a great way to get your video seen. Use relevant and popular hashtags that your viewers are searching for. Avoid using hashtags such as #foryou or #fyp

4. Keep it Relevant – Make sure your video is relevant to the topic that is trending. This will increase the chance that your video will go viral.

5. Be Creative – Be creative and add humor to your video. People love to laugh and be entertained.

6. Be Authentic – People connect with real and authentic content. Show your personality and be yourself when creating videos.

• Amy

These are all great tips! Also try to film your video vertically, not horizontally.

• Kim

What kind of content or story goes viral the most?

• It depends. People love listening to very short stories. It can be a “how to do a VFX” or “a day in the life of a filmmaker”. I saw videos that are 15-20 seconds long that show how a photo was taken, and the story behind the photo. The same type of content goes for how a song was composed. Actors try to remake acting scenes from famous TV Shows or Movies. Video editors post VFX and how they did it. There is also the commercial type of content where you take a random product in your house and you try to make a short commercial video for it and you show how you did it.

• His videos are longer than 15 seconds. His content is educational and I love watching it. The secret is that he starts each video with a short line and people get curious and stay to watch the full video.

• I am following a photographer on TikTok, Kyle Nutt. He makes TikToks like this one:

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMFK7kE9B/

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by  Kim.
      • I watched the video. That is a breathtaking photo! I enjoyed watching the whole story of how he created that photo. He is a very creative person.