Which render shall I use in Maya?


New member

I've made an animation, that i want to render to Targa (tga) files.
My Question is which render should I use?

In my animation I have a camera, fire effect and some polygons.


-- Bossen --


New member
You probably have figured it out by now, but for others who may have the same question. For basic renders in Maya, use Software Render. If using particales, make sure they are one of the Software Render compatible ones, if not, the particles have to renders by them selves using the Hardware Render Buffer and then composited together. A more realistic render is Mental Ray using Final Gather as a base for the setup. This need some more work howerver and you should read more about it to get the looks you want.