The Martini Shot Podcast

F

Filmosity

Hi Everyone,

Kim has allowed me the privilege of posting about what i think is a great free resource for all new and student indie filmmakers. The Martini Shot podcast is a show dedicated to helping the novice or student filmmaker navigate the filmmaking wilderness. I host the weekly show which features Camera Talk, Site of the Week, The Director's Chair, Interviews with filmmakers, and much more.

Wondering what a Podcast is? Click here to learn more. Basically you use RSS feeds to download mp3 files to your iPod or other mp3 player so you can take the show with you wherever you go.

But what if you don't have an iPod or mp3 player? You can still listen to the show streamed to your Windows Media Player. Just go to The Martini Shot Homepage to listen.

I've already posted 5 shows, and had one cross-country interview with award winning filmmaker Evan Nix. Plans for the future include a possible co-host, regular call-in guests, and listener calls.

Yes, I'm tooting my own horn, but I really think this can be a useful resource for everyone here at Student Filmmakers. Enjoy.

And a big thank you goes to Kim Welch for letting me post about the show.

-Chris

F

Filmosity

I do them once a week, posted on Mondays. Occasionally, I'll do an extra one during the week if I have something to say.

I'm new to podcasting and internet radio, but the shows are getting better and better each time i do one.

I hope you enjoy.

-Chris

C

cc_chapman

Wanted to chime in with my first post to give a big thumbs up to this podcast.

I had heard of this forum here but never really checked it out until I kept hearing about it on my commute listening to the podcast so I had to swing by.

It's both informative and entertaining.

Great stuff and I'm looking forward to more.

F

Filmosity

Hey Folks,

Episode 9 of The Martini Shot is available.

In this show: Filmmaking Terminology, Part 3: Let's Make This Thing!; Mag Check: In Search of Cinematic Edison; and Site of the Week. I hope you all check it out.

And tune in soon for a recap of Conversations with Andrew Laszlo, ASC.

Thanks!

-Chris

Darren Coyle

wanted to let you know about another podcast

wanted to let you know about another podcast

Chris -

I just wanted to let you know about another podcast that you and some others might want to check out. It's free. It's called The Real Stuff and you can download at iTunes or this website: www.darrencoyle.com (go to the Real Stuff page).

"The Real Stuff" is a podcast of direct, one-on-one interviews with
the creators of unscripted television.

Thanks and keep the podcasts coming!!

--Darren