Need advice on what to spend a bursary on

Hey guys, I am a film student who has been given a bursary of 2000 Australian Dollars and I have to decide what to buy. I have a Lumix GH2 and was thinking about getting some accessories for it but not exactly sure what to get or where to even start looking.
Got any ideas????

Kim Welch

Staff member
I have heard good things about the GH2 camera. Do you have a slider, tripod or gimble? Do you have lenses? Do you have a camera bag? You're in Australia?

Kim Welch

Staff member
I am not sure what you have or what the rest is. You need a good carrying case or backpack that will safely hold your camera and lenses if you are traveling. Do you have that? I am not sure what a handheld tripod is. Can you take a photo and post it? A rig would be handheld or maybe a monopod. A gimble gives you the ability to do some fancy moves that will probably give you an edge on most student work if you practice a little. Try the Ronin S DJI Ronin-S - Dare to Move - DJI It has a manual focus for the GH2 And, another thing you could use for many different kinds of scenes would be a slider.

Last edited:
Okay awesome thank you I will have a look into the DJI stuff and get a camera bag. I tried to upload the photo but the file was to big but I looked up the handheld tripod and its called an Octopus stand tripod.

Kim Welch

Staff member
You should be able to upload super big files in the media section. Is that were you tried to upload?

No, I got it as I was into vlogging and I needed something to help keep my camera steady and small enough so it wasn’t too big to take on planes. I am just a student this year and only just learning what is good equipment or not.

GetNorrised

That tripod is not anywhere close to a professional tripod. Are you messing with me?
I personally have a Gorillapod and find that there are many scenarios where it is more practical then a full size tripod and can help get shots from perspectives that you just can’t get with a tripod. Not saying that it can replace a generic tripod but the Gorillapod is definitely worth having as apart of your camera gear.