My first feature documentary film

Brian

I started filming six Bigfoot researchers a year ago out in the forest. I started out using a Canon HF R600 and a GoPro, then I purchased a Canon G60 mid summer. I had two terabytes of video by November and finally started post production...
Now I needed to find the story.
I spent a month watching all of the video, transcribing the dialogue, and making notes on the best shots to use. I then decided that since the biggest evidence was found early on that I needed to show the story by subject matter rather than actual sequence of events, so I color coded the dialogue in notes to make each subject dialogue easy to find.
Editing in a new unfamiliar program; Davinci Resolve: To make it easier I divided the 90 minute film into 16 chapters (timelines), and placed 16 3x5 cards on the wall in a circle like a story wheel. I wrote the subjects on them, the events, the montages, etc. and tried to arrange them in a order that placed things of interest on plot points (big event, all is lost, and the big discovery at the third mark).
I joined Artlist.IO and got some killer music for the film. I’ve learned that sound design is just as important as visual design - I set the pace to be stimulating in visual and sound, balanced out with interviews.
The film will be released in June.
Here is the trailer :

Maura B.

The Last Black Unicorn
Staff member
You had a lot of work to do and I can see this only by watching the trailer. This was quite an adventure :) Where can we see the full documentary when it is released?

Brian

We are going to try Amazon Prime even though they say they aren’t taking documentaries. Also we are using FilmHub to get it out to streaming platforms. I thought about having a few DVDs made, but still searching for other ways to get it out there.
suggestions are welcome!

Maura B.

The Last Black Unicorn
Staff member
We are going to try Amazon Prime even though they say they aren’t taking documentaries. Also we are using FilmHub to get it out to streaming platforms. I thought about having a few DVDs made, but still searching for other ways to get it out there.
suggestions are welcome!
Good luck! :D I hope you will be successful with Amazon Prime.