MOVIE TRAILER - BROKEN ($8000 Action Short - 100 Vfx Shots)

Kim Welch

Senior Member
Staff member
Your role in the movie

Your role in the movie

What is your role in the making or distribution of the movie? Are you the marketing person? How are you distributing it?
 
B

BROKEN2005

Guest
Re: Your role in the movie

Re: Your role in the movie

KimWelch said:
What is your role in the making or distribution of the movie? Are you the marketing person? How are you distributing it?
Kim,

I am the director and the marketing guy behind BROKEN. We are currently self distributing the DVD through our site. We put the DVD together for student and indie filmmakers to show them how we made a $8000 MiniDV action short with over 100 VFX shots. We also have a link to free web docs on how we did many of the efxs, makeup. and even how we shot a scene.

If anyone has a question, I would be more than happy to try to answer it to the best of my ability. Good luck on all your projects!

All the best,
Alex
http://www.whatisbroken.com 8)
 
D

DAS19

Guest
I will definitly look into buying this short on dvd. You are a student correct? that makes it more inspiring for me
 

cgravat

New member
This looks entertaining and I like the fact that the trailer does not give away the entire movie. I wish you the best of luck but you spelled ROPER wrong.
 
M

markcheng

Guest
great work, Alex!! and good luck...

your fx work is fantastic! I recently corresponded with Sean Falcon who's really cool and has been a great support for our upcoming production.

If you haven't already, you guys should consider lecturing at universities and film programs..It'd be great for students and might even help you recoup your costs..

good luck!

mark cheng
 
D

DAS19

Guest
Just bought this dvd look forward to great things. Was a little pricey for a short but the special features should make up for it.
 
D

DAS19

Guest
It was worth every penny. Ive learned so much from watching the features and hearing alex explain things. Ive also learned that making a dv movie can come out look like a high budget movie on film. Alex great work I think the story line could have been perfected more but action wise it was top notch. I cant thank you enough for the topics you covered helping inspiring film makers like myself.

BUY THIS DVD ITS WORTH EVERY PENNY PROBABLY WORTH A YEAR AT COLLEGE LOL.
 
B

BROKEN2005

Guest
DAS19 said:
It was worth every penny. Ive learned so much from watching the features and hearing alex explain things. Ive also learned that making a dv movie can come out look like a high budget movie on film. Alex great work I think the story line could have been perfected more but action wise it was top notch. I cant thank you enough for the topics you covered helping inspiring film makers like myself.

BUY THIS DVD ITS WORTH EVERY PENNY PROBABLY WORTH A YEAR AT COLLEGE LOL.

WOW! Thanks man! I'm glad you liked the DVD and we hope it helps you on you future projects!

Alex & Jorge
 

Chris Haigh

New member
Watched the trailer and all I can say is wow, this looks fantastic, so proffessional, I can see very big things from u in the future, keep up the good work Alex

Kind Regards Chris
 
M

markcheng

Guest
i just visited the site again...hadn't been there for a while...Congratulations on all the awards!!! I didn't know there were that many short film festivals! Amazing work!

mark.
 
D

DAS19

Guest
If theres a full length film festival they usally have a short one with it.
 
B

BROKEN2005

Guest
markcheng said:
i just visited the site again...hadn't been there for a while...Congratulations on all the awards!!! I didn't know there were that many short film festivals! Amazing work!

mark.

Thanks man!!!!!!
 
B

BROKEN2005

Guest
Just wanted to thank everyone for the support this holiday season. We sold a few more DVDs than excepted. We'll see you at Sundance.

Happy New Year!
The BROKEN Team
 
J

JamesD

Guest
congrats broken! your movie looks fantastic. when I scrap up some $$ I will get this (even though I'm not a huge fan of wheelchair murders!!)
 
Top