Top Prize Winners Announced for 2017 Summer Shorts Film and Video Contest in StudentFilmmakers eNewsletter
Announcing 2017 Summer Shorts Top Awards Recipients
Winners in the Highschool/Junior High, College, and Professional Categories
Thank you for attending our Summer Shorts Contest Winners’ Announcement Event and Special Screening, which took place this month at the 2017 NAB New York Show in Manhattan, New York City at the Create FWD Stage with StudentFilmmakers.com and StudentFilmmakers Magazine Publisher/Editor, Kim Edward Welch. The winning videos that screened during the event received a lot of positive comments, feedback, and praise from NAB New York attendees, staff, and exhibitors who dropped by to watch the screenings. Congratulations to the Top Prize Winners. Stay tuned for our next round of Call for Entries for next year’s 2018 Summer Shorts Contest.
And the Top Prize Winners Are….
In the Highschool / Junior High Category:
- 1st Place: “Two of these things”, created by
Students attending the NJ Film School. (summershortscontest.com/
- 2nd Place: “Safe Spaces,” created by students from the Wide Angle Youth Media organization. (summershortscontest.com/
- 3rd Place: “My Summer 2017”
by My Summer 2017
by John Bamburoski.
In the College Category:
- 1st Place: “Deadbeat Motel”, a short film shot by
students from the Creative Media Institute. (summershortscontest.com/
- 2nd Place: “Crushed In Space”—Written, Directed,
and Animated by Janice Chun. (summershortscontest.com/
- 3rd Place: An experiment short film, “Pass Age”
by Pieter Claessens.
In the Professional Category:
- 1st Place: Short Film, “Lucy” by Libby Blood. (summershortscontest.com/
- 2nd Place: Documentary short, “Misguided Fears –
The Oahu Shark Diver” by Jack White. (summershortscontest.com/
- 3rd Place: Short Motion Design Film, “Ichnos”
by Simon Giraud.
Everyone at the Summer Shorts Contest, StudentFilmmakers.com and StudentFilmmakers Magazine would like to give a special thanks to our Summer Shorts Sponsors. Take a look at these companies’ film/video/broadcast equipment, software/tools, and services. Visit and explore their websites. If you are looking for products and solutions for your productions and projects, please check out these companies first.
Our Sponsors Include:
- Blackmagic Design,
- JVC Professional, pro.jvc.com
- Syrp, syrp.co.nz
- Artbeats, www.artbeats.com
- SteadiPod by Eddie Barber, www.steadipod.com
- Boris FX, borisfx.com
- Movie Forms Pro, www.movieforms.com
- American Cinematographer, ascmag.com
- VFX Voice, vfxvoice.com
- SOC’s “Camera Operator” Magazine, soc.org/co
- Indie Shooter, indieshooter.com
- Dallas VideoFest, videofest.org
- HD Pro Guide Magazine, www.hdproguide.com
Coming up next, stay tuned for the Top 40 Winners List.