The Animation Workshop’s Visual Effects Course
This course is for 3D artists, TDs, Maya generalists, architects, 2D VFX artists, and for people who simply want to learn how to do cool 3D visual effects. (http://www.animwork.dk/en/vfx.asp)
What you will learn:
The VFX course is designed to equip highly creative and driven computer graphics professionals with the knowledge and skills to create photorealistic computer graphics and integrate them seamlessly with live action footage. This will range from set extensions through vehicles to body part replacements and simulations.
VFX course is now 16 weeks (extended from 15) – same price. Now open for applications for the VFX course in the fall 2017. Normal application deadline: 11th June 2017. For non-EU citizens: 7th April 2016. “The course is really intensive and challenging. But I learned a lot, and I would recommend it to all who are interested in the VFX world. The environment was perfect, I can say it is the best school I ever attended.” ~Alessandro Caponetti, VFX 2016
Course facts 2017
- Application deadline: For EU applicants: Sunday 11th June 2017. For non-EU applicants: 7th April 2017 (due to the long processing time for residence permits to Denmark)
- Dates: August 21st – December 8th
- Frequency: The VFX course runs every fall semester
- Location: Viborg, Denmark
- Teaching language: English
- ECTS points: The course content is equal to 30 ECTS points
- Fee: 2.950 EUR (22.000 DKK), not including accommodation or living expenses
- Scholarships: The Animation Workshop offers accommodation and/or travel scholarships to eligible course applicants. Read more under “economy”.
What you get:
- An intensive course developed with the help of industry professionals
- Instructors who are all active professionals brought in from animation and VFX studios around the world specifically for this 15-week Visual Effects course. Therefore instructors have updated and production-tested knowledge
- Hands-on teaching and practice every day from morning to afternoon
- Access to your own personal workstation with industry-standard software 24 hours a day, also during weekends
- Access to the VFX-specific shooting equipment, for instance the Blackmagic Cinema camera
- Didactic material and art materials
- A super useful professional network with the other participants and with the guest teachers – as well as to the rest of The Animation Workshop
- Access to all extra-curricular activities at The Animation Workshop: a variety of sports, lectures, parties, workshops etc.
- 16 weeks immersed in a highly creative and social environment
- Industry contacts through for instance the final presentation event where we invite Ghost VFX, Denmark’s leading VFX studio.
- TAW staff prebooks a number of rooms at the on-campus dormitory, making sure you have a place to live during the course.
- TAW staff advice you about travel and the best ways to get to Viborg
- Advice and resources for further training after the course
The Animation Workshop has been employing active animation professionals and experts from around the world for 25 years now, and we work exlusively with a guest teacher setup.
Former and current teachers include (filmographies not exhaustive):
Björn Gromoll, DE (Ender’s Game, Sherlock Holmes 2)
David Sanchez, USA (Transformers 1, 2 & 3, Pirates of the Caribbean 3)
Leigh Russell, UK. Star Wars – Episode VII – The Force Awakens (2015), Spectre (2015),
Jupiter Ascending (2015), Total Recall (2012)
Andrew Lowell, USA (Transformers: Dark of the Moon, Thor)
Juan Pablo Allgeier, ES (Elysium, Invictus, Twilight)
Chris Nichols, AU. Pixels (2015), Lost River (2014), X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014), Red Dawn (2012)
Victor Perez, ES (The Dark Knight Rises, The Bourne Legacy Les Misérables)
Henry South, UK. (Guardians of the Galaxy, Gravity, RoboCop)
Mitchell Stuart, USA (Elysium (2013), White House Down (2013), Immortals (2011))
Thomas Jones, UK. Ghost in the Shell (2017), Jungle Book: Origins (2017), The Martian (2015), Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
Participants will work within the industry standards for software and camera equipment. All teachers will be recognized visiting industry experts.
For more information, visit http://www.animwork.dk/en/vfx.asp.
The Best eNewsletter for Finding Workshops in Your City!
Sign up now and get the StudentFilmmakers Digital Newsletter FREE.